Lessons from Graaff Reinet
Scrolling through all the pictures we took (definite group effort from Ant, Nicole, Dean, and me) while we were in Graaff Reinet has made me all nostalgic and I’m wishing I was back in the valley of desolation again. Anyone wanna join me?
While I can’t go back right now (I’ve got deadlines to meet and plants to water and such) I’ve decided that it’s about time that I shared some of the lessons I learnt after spending four days in this beautiful town with the most wonderful people.
Without further ado, the cheesiest post I’ve written in a while: 10 Lessons I Learnt in Graaf Reinet
1. Whenever it’s possible, and even when it’s not, be fearless. Jump.
2. People are interesting. Ask them questions. Listen to their stories.
3. Don’t judge a book by its cover. Following them on Instagram for years does not make you an expert on who they are.
4. Get up early. Watch the sunrise.
5. Try new things. Say yes to food samples.
6. Travel with your best friend. Hold hands whenever possible.
7. Pack sunscreen, but also pack a jumper. Expect the unexpected cold front.
8. ASK. You never get anything you don’t ask for.
9. Don’t be afraid to seek out advice. Every moment holds an opportunity to learn.
10. Craft, craft, craft. When you work hard, beautiful things happen.